Monday, January 17, 2011

Catch up

So, I'm working on preparing for school. Our first day of this semester is Wednesday, and before that we have a community health fair today, I have 2 more chapters to read in my book, and should probably finish my medication cards. Not to mention making Lover's bentos for work...On that note, here are the 2 that I hadn't posted yet!
The soy sauce fishy's tail wouldn't fill up... :(
This first one was Saturday's bento, the box is lined with romaine lettuce, and it has a rice onigiri that I made by hand and then used saran wrap to put it in the fridge. It has 4 pieces of a 4-egg tamigoyaki (which Lover LOVES), some baby corn and carrots, broccoli, grape and sunburst tomatoes, and some pan-fried turkey cubes covered with cheese. I was told that I am not using enough cheese. ;) Top that off with my soy sauce fishy, and I think it turns out okay. :)
This is Sunday's bento. The upper left-hand corner has soy sauce rice ringed by baby carrots and green beans, there are delicious cherries in the bottom right hand corner as a snack, and then the main compartment has left-over meat balls, chicken that I de-boned myself(!!!) Some broccoli, green beans, a baby bel, and as always, lined with romaine. Lover likes to take some of the stuff out and have a salad of everything that doesn't need to be warmed. 
So that's that. I still don't think I'm sending him quite enough food to work outside with.. So yesterday I packed an extra kiwi, some beef jerky and a breakfast bar.. Graveyards for 12 hours is a LOT of work..
So, I feel better.. Bentos are looking nicer, I think I'm on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment