Sunday, January 9, 2011

Progress!

Today I went grocery shopping and actually bought a lot of the things I am going to need to make bentos!
I also made several things to start me on my way!
The first thing I made were the chicken cordon bleu bites from allrecipes.com. I had read about them, and they are the perfect size for bentos, and they looked awesome.. they were! Between Lover and the Little Man, we ate 6 of them, so I have 6 more leftover for bentos tomorrow!
The other things I made were meatballs for the little meatball sandwiches I saw on Adventures in Bentomaking. They are basically meatballs, cut in half, with something hamburger-ish inside them. I plan on making them with a cherry tomato and some lettuce for Lover and pickles and cheese for me.
I also got some mirin, miso, and a new rice pressy-thingy to make rice rolls, and some nori to try out non-fish sushi rolls for my first time. Lover and I are both mostly off this week, so I will probably be spending a lot of time in the kitchen (where women SHOULD be, and all that).
Very very excited for this week. Will post more pictures when I take them.
Also, please forgive my sub-standard pictures, taking them with my phone at the moment, while I wait for my new battery charger to come in for my camera.. I managed to lose it.. :S

No comments:

Post a Comment