Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lover's graveyards bento

So, Lover started a 'new' job today, it's the old job in a new block... that was exciting! So I made him a bento lunch to take with him. He really enjoyed it, and because I packed it in one of those Tupperware containers, and not one of my tiny bento boxes, he was full. It's not gorgeous, but I liked the amount of color I managed to get into it. I'm working on shaped rice 'onigiri', but I can't say that word, so I feel stupid typing it. Also, rice out of the rice cooker is HOT! And I ran out of plastic wrap to do it the 'easy' way. But I bought real rice (not the minute kind) and plastic wrap... So I will probably try to do that today. In this bento, rice balls with a little bit of rice vinegar on them, meatballs from my Betty Crocker cookbook, baby carrots, 'sunburst' cherry tomatoes and regular cherry tomatoes, and broccoli on a bed of romaine leaves. Lover really liked the sauce bottle. :) And I liked that it added blue to the box.
Well, that was my excitement for yesterday, let's see what I can...wait for it... cook up today.
heh..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment